Who we are
Our website address is: https://myscene.academy.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We encourage you to read this Policy carefully before using our Services, or otherwise providing Personal Information to us.
We collect information when you use our Services and interact with us, as further discussed below. In certain cases, you may choose not to provide us with certain information, however, this may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Services.
Personal Information You Provide to Us When you Use our Services:
- When you purchase or use our Products, we collect certain Personal Information from you.
- When you register a MyScene account, we collect your name, email address, and date of birth. You may also optionally provide certain demographic information, such as your occupation and educational status. If you do not wish to provide such optional information, you have the option to skip these questions.
- If you purchase our Products, your credit card or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by third party payment processors with which we work. We may also collect some limited information, such as your postal code and details of your transaction history. At no time, however, do we have access to your full payment card information.
- If you contact us or communicate with us, such as by phone, webform, email, or other electronic means, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means, make an inquiry, provide feedback to us, or participate in one of our surveys, we may collect your contact information. The specific type of information will depend on the forum in which you communicate with us. For example, if you send us an email, we will collect your email address and the content of your email.
- If you participate in one of our crowdfunding campaigns, we may collect certain Personal Information directly from you and/or one of our crowdfunding partners.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information from your device when you use our Services. Generally, this information does not identify you, however, some of this information may be considered “Personal Information” in certain circumstances. This information includes but is not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access our App or Site.
- The website that you visited immediately prior to visiting our Site.
- The specific actions that you take on our App or Site, including the pages and screens that you view or visit, and search terms that you enter.
- The time, frequency, connection type, and duration of your visits to our App or Site.
- Your browser type, operating system, language settings, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data when you access our App or Site.
- The nature of the device from which you are accessing our App or Site, for example, whether you are accessing from a computer or from a mobile device, its device-ID, and device language.
- Your location data when you use our App or Site.
- Information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in the “Cookies and Analytics Partners” section below when you use our App or Site.
- Information regarding your interaction with email messages. For example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded an email message.
Use of Your Information
In general, we collect information from you so that we can provide our Services, operate our business, and provide information that you request from us. This includes the following:
- Create and administer your account on the Services.
- Process, fulfill, manage, and communicate with you regarding your orders for our Products, including returns or refunds.
- Provide you with technical and other support.
- Send you Services and company updates, marketing communication, service information, and other information about MyScene and our Services that we think you may be interested in.
- Conduct research and analysis.
- Enhance or improve user experience, our business, and our Services.
- Communicate with you and respond to inquiries.
- Communicate with you about service updates and notifications regarding your account (including by push notifications in our App).
- Operate our business and to perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Services.
- As necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or governmental request.
- Enforce contracts and applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of MyScene, our users, customers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Accessing, Editing, and Removing Your Information
You may request that we delete your account and remove all your data and Personal Information by sending an email to hello@MyScene.academy. In some cases you may be able to review, edit, and delete your Personal Information by logging into your account on the App. If you ask us to delete your account, we will do so within a reasonable period of time. We take no responsibility for stored information in your cache, or in your devices that may store information, and disclaim all liability of such. Please note that in some cases we cannot delete all or some of your information, including Personal Information, as required or permitted by applicable laws, or as necessary to provide Services to you, or where we otherwise are required to retain such information.
You may unsubscribe from MyScene marketing communications at any time by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any such communication. Most promotional communications will also offer recipients choices about receiving additional messages.
Cookies and Analytics Partners
By using our Services, you consent to the processing of your information by our analytics partners in the manner and for the purposes set out above. Currently, our analytics partners include, without limitation, Google Analytics, Facebook Pixels, Klaviyo, Shopify, JustUno, Segment, Sendgrid, and Mixpanel. In order to ensure that you understand how our analytics partners handle your information and how they interact with our Services, you should visit their privacy policies for more information, as MyScene has no ability to control or monitor our analytics partners’ data collection or data use practices with respect to such information.
Third Party Websites
Sharing of Your Information
We do not sell your Personal Information.There are however, circumstances where we share it with our own services providers and other third parties as described below.
We use third parties to assist us with operating our business and providing our Services. These service providers will have access to your Personal Information in order to provide services to us.
As Directed By You and With Your Consent
Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, we will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of MyScene only when we have your consent to do so.
We may share Personal Information with third party companies, organizations, governmental authorities, or individuals outside of MyScene if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the Personal Information is reasonably necessary to:
Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or governmental request;
Enforce a contract, including but not limited to any applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of MyScene, our users, customers, or the public, as required or permitted by law.
Sale or Merger
Security of Your Information
We use reasonable security measures, including measures designed to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to your Personal Information. We also take certain measures to enhance the security of our Services, including using SSL certificates. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws. The length of time we keep your Personal Information depends on the type of information and whether we have an on-going business or legal need to retain it (for example, if you have an account with us, or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). Once we no longer have an on-going business or legal need to retain your Personal Information, we delete or anonymize it.
Changes to this Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will post the updated version on this page. We encourage you to read this page each time that you use our Services so that you will be aware of any changes, and your continued use of our Services shall constitute your acceptance of any such changes. Changes to this Policy take effect from the date of publication, unless stated otherwise.